We were commissioned by the church to design a major extension to their existing building at Hedge End. The brief included a 1300 seat auditorium, as well as a crèche, youth room, offices, ancillary accommodation and associated landscaping and car parking. The aim was to accommodate the expanding church community, and to better represent the uplifting and significant qualities of the activities on site.
The original barn style building had a somewhat recessive and introverted character and the new building included a bright and welcoming new entrance leading in to an internal street where people could gather and meet before services, meetings or events.
The building was opened in 2012 and achieved a BREEAM Very Good rating.