Pembers Hill is a development of 244 new homes, public open space and associated infrastructure on land on Mortimers Lane in Fair Oak. Boyle+Summers were appointed by Drew Smith Limited in 2016 to assist with the progress of an Outline planning application on the site. Following a resolution to grant consent in early 2017 we were appointed to progress a reserved matters submission.
The master plan is based on detailed site survey information and on sound urban design and architectural principles. The Outline consent allowed for:
• 3.95ha of woodland and grassland, known locally as Gore Copse, and set aside as permanent open space.
• 8.45ha to accommodate a new neighbourhood accessed directly from Mortimers Lane.
The development design team comprises:
• Developer: Drew Smith Homes
• Architect & masterplanners: Boyle+Summers
• Highways: Rogers Cory Partnership
• Landscape design: fabrik
• Drainage & flood risk: Rogers Cory Partnership
• Energy & environment (BREEAM): Hodkinson Consultancy